ResumePreview resume online or download PDF below.
To obtain a position as an Art Director or Senior Graphic Designer that leverages my creative talents, project management skills, and enthusiasm for developing top-quality products in a competitive business environment.
Graphic Design Professional
To obtain a position in a new challenging, exciting and thriving environment that leverages my attention to detail, enthusiasm and project management skills in a competitive business environment. I thoroughly enjoy working within a team environment and as well as independently. Proven aptitude in working collaboratively with cross-functional teams, communicating with key stakeholders, and directing all aspects of job functionalities using knowledge and experience. Out-of-the-box, visionary thinker committed to clients, driving sales needs and project management to enable growth & continued success.
Skills & Expertise
Thinking Outside the Box
Design & Layout
Web Design & WordPress
Insulet Corporation, Acton, Massachusetts
Senior Product Labeling Graphic Designer, March – Sept. 2022
Support product labeling design for all aspects of product for labeling, art and proofs to ensure quality accuracy and compliance is met for all medical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Support incoming product labeling requests from key customers.
- Design product labels, packaging, shipping identification, IFUs, and patient guides.
- Support labeling requests by successfully implementing PCO/ECO (Change Control) process.
- Work closely with the senior product labeling management team for all technical related questions.
- Ensure all technical aspects of design and development projects are proofread for technical accuracy and consistency across all packaging and product labeling.
- Support product label design questions or follow up with product labeling management as applicable on cross-functional projects.
- Demonstrate FDA labeling and other Regulatory Requirements applicable to product labeling while compiling with SOPs and regulatory guidelines.
- Continue to develop, learn and grow to best exceed in all phases of my roles and responsibilities.
- Prepare new graphics, images, and supportive documentation for new product launches.
- Lead and support the resolution of any issues encountered during labeling development.
- Define print specifications with the print houses.
EAG Graphics: Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Illustrator, Maynard, MA
Graphic Designer/Web Designer/Illustrator, 2020 – 2022
Independently design & develop creative projects for a variety of small/medium size business clients.
- Collaborate with clients to develop an understanding of their vision based on their requests and corporate mission.
- Conceptualize and create eye-catching materials for client’s needs.
- Create and conduct highly persuasive, high-quality graphic projects exceeding all client expectations.
Allen Medical Systems (A Hill-Rom Company), Acton, Massachusetts
Art Director and Marketing Communications Manager, 1999-2020
Provided thought-leadership within all art/graphic design areas including marketing and project management, graphic design, video, photography, Photoshop, Internet and web design for diverse and simultaneous projects daily.
Collaborated with executive-level client stakeholders and represented the company’s visual design process and integrity at all stages of engagement.
Designed innovative marketing materials for domestic, international, sales teams and OEM marketing such as Arthrex, Berchtold, GE, Maquet, Medtronic, Siemens, Skytron, Smith & Nephew, Steris, Stryker, Trumpf and more.
Facilitated and maintained a strong brand identity across all materials with a high level of consistency, leading to a boost in brand awareness.
Created full cycle plans for a wide variety of marketing projects with a focus on resource requirements, budget estimates, timelines and dependencies.
Directed art and design while scheduling and trafficking in-house projects to ensure on-time and under-budget project delivery.
Managed complex projects involving advertising, marketing, web hosting, exhibit designs, promotional products and gathering competitive quotes, preparing files for production, printing, scheduling and shipping.
Partnered with account and product managers and other stakeholders to ensure branding conformance to standards/specifications and present products to drive increased sales.
Trained and mentored junior staff members in the development of design concepts while monitoring for top performance.
- Created ads, brochures, catalogs, postcards, logos, tradeshow/event booth graphics and other essential marketing and sales materials.
- Planned, implemented and evaluated photography, videography, websites, CD/DVD packaging, product labels and PowerPoint presentations.
- Maintained comprehensive marketing lists for web domain name registrations and renewals, web advertising “Pay Per Click” campaigns and mailing databases for direct mail campaigns.
- Oversaw the creative image portfolio specializing in shooting product photos and handling color correction, formatting, image manipulation and file cataloging.
- Captured, shot and edited company videos for CD, DVD, training, webinars and YouTube while also implementing professional-grade voice-overs utilizing audio equipment and sound booth.
- Handled the translation process of company materials into multiple foreign languages
Photoshop Instructor, Newton, Massachusetts
Newton Community Education, 2005-2007
Conducted sessions for teaching up to 16 adults basic Adobe Photoshop skills with a focus on selections, masks, channels, filters, image saving, photo retouching, etc.
Developed engaging class presentations and exercise materials and researched/identified relevant images to strengthen the curriculum.
Ensured the highest possible levels of achievement while teaching students to their strongest potential.
Provided a safe and well-managed learning environment where student learning was evident.
Applied motivational techniques to engage students.
Maintained and provided prompt, timely and accurate records and reports.
Utilized effective management procedures to implement teaching procedures meeting individual/group needs.
Created a favorable psychological climate conducive to learning.
Analyzed data to make decisions on the best instructional approach for students
TecDoc Publishing, Hudson, MA
Graphic Design Dept. Supervisor, Web Designer, EPP Tech. 1996 – 1999
- Design marketing materials for TecDoc and its clients
- Design and maintain company website
- Supervise, maintain, backup and configure graphics department: software and hardware
- Experience with multiple computer platforms/languages: CGI, FTP, HTML, D.O.S., Windows 3.1, Windows 95, Windows NT, Macintosh and Unix
- Output and develop film for stripping department
- Preflight, prepare, and troubleshoot files
- Scan and retouch photos
- Provide customer service by assisting customers in file preparation and technical assistance
- Operate Docutech equipment
Additional Experience: Graphic Designer, Sir Speedy Printing | Graphic Designer, Community Newspaper Corporation
Westfield State College
Westfield, MA 1992-1994
- Bachelor of Arts
- Graphic Design and Art Major
New London, CT 1989-1992
- Associates Degree of Liberal Arts
- Psychology Concentration
Certified Professional Coach (CPC)
Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
Marlborough, MA 10/2013
Energy Leadership Index – Master Practitioner (ELI-MP)
Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching
Marlborough, MA 10/2013
Dale Carnegie Course
Completed 36 hours (3 hours per week for 12 weeks)
Waltham, MA 11/2003
Technology & Tools
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC, Adobe Audition, Adobe Bridge, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Media Encoder, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro, Bare Bones BBEdit (HTML Editor), HTML & CSS, Transmit/Fetch (FTP Clients), FontExplorer X, Parallels Desktop 7, QuickTime Pro 7.7, QuarkXPress, Seagull Scientific BarTender, Arena Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Red Cross, Salvation Army, Toastmasters
Exercise, Biking, Health & Fitness, Movies, Skiing, Running, Video Games
References & Portfolio gladly furnished upon request.